Wednesday, June 20

As It Was... Almost

It feels like it has been too long since I have been able to sit by the tree in Orgrimmar and relax. Last night I did just this, and encountered Za sitting among some friends. He came over to me and dropped a bag of smoking herbs into my lap, which I took gratefully and with thanks. We began to discuss recent events, but then the interruptions began... I believe Za called it "happy hour," and likened it to the tide of the ocean rolling out and leaving refuse behind on the sand when it was once clean. In retrospect, I understand this comparison now.

Our topic was lost, so I had decided to smoke some of the herbs in my pipe while I waited for this happy hour to end. I realized I had no fire to burn the herbs with, and asked if anyone could do this. A goblin behind me offered me a box of matches, though they were much too small for me to use. He lit the pipe for me and I thanked him. He seemed a nice fellow, despite feeling the need to attach a device to his bow that would launch small animals... I do not understand to this day why goblins feel the need to disrespect the Earth Mother and her creatures.

Pipiltin arrived not much later, after I started to feel the calming effects of my herbs. She had been away from us to tend to some work to please her Loa. We briefly discussed what had happened since I had seen her last, and what the tribe planned to do in the coming days. Meanwhile, Pipiltin gave Za one of her popcorn balls, the ones she made with a secret mix of herbs. The herbs had a fast and quite noticeable effect on Za, as he began to insist the goblin's companion animal was able to talk and fetch drinks. To my surprise, the latter proved to be true, and the animal returned to him with a cup of frog venom brew, and slice of a lemon.

In the midst of this, Urukha came to us, though she did not have much to speak of, and fell asleep on her mate's lap not long after her arrival. I had spoken with her earlier in the evening; her voice over the talisman lacked emotion and she seemed troubled. Having not seen her in the days since the incident at Storm Peaks, I had hoped that having her see me in good health would lift her spirits. Unfortunately, it would seem that it only irritated her. I asked if there was something I could do to help her with, but she asserted that there was nothing I could do. I wonder what is troubling her?