Wednesday, June 6

It Begins Again

As I feared, Yogg-Saron still taunts me. I am seeing the val'kyr once again, and her whispers attempt to turn me against those around me. I am better prepared this time.

Two nights ago, Mukwa had shown me this strange puzzle box he had found in Storm Peaks, in Northrend some time ago, and asked me to solve it. The puzzle was confusing... I do not think it is possible to solve it. However, when I started making progress, I heard her whisper again... much clearer and louder than before. All doubts Mukwa and I had were cast away at that moment: Yogg-Saron was attempting to influence me.

I had sought out Zelevia for advice before this, and my meeting with Mukwa echoed her advice: I must focus on what is real, or I will lose myself to madness. Mukwa told me to think of one thing that is real, and to focus on it and only it if Yogg-Saron speaks to me or appears before me... it has worked, so far. Every time I have seen something strange or heard a whisper in my ear, I think of an apple... my favorite food. Pipiltin's favorite food.

Yesterday I had encountered Zitajie in the passage between the Drag and the Valley of Honor; we had passed each other by, and I did not recognize her at first. We spoke briefly and I relayed my concerns about my mind to her... she ran off to find someone else, and told me not to leave the city. Unfortunately, at this time I was summoned to what I would later learn to be a mountain in Azshara for a party run by Aevelina and Caelyssa. I did not wish to disappoint them, so against Zitajie's advice, I allowed myself to be summoned. There was food and games, as most Burning Tusk gatherings have, and I enjoyed myself.

However, I became separated from the group during a game of Hide and Seek. While searching for Kalenar, I thought I had seen him, and followed him away from the mountain... and before my eyes, he vanished. It began to storm, and my talisman would not work. I do not doubt that this is Yogg-Saron's work, as I found that I was in the midst of a night elven parol route with no weapon or shield to protect myself with... only the shorts at my waist. Over time I had managed to safely make it back to Orgrimmar, then here to the Burning Ravine. I shall speak with the others... perhaps someone had gathered my items I left at the mountain.

I must be more careful with what I see, or do. I pray that the Earth Mother can intervene and show me the true path in these times. I do not wish to fall victim to the very thing that afflicted our ancestors.