Friday, December 21

An Eventful Week

On Monday, I was approached by an orc claiming to be a Sergeant in the Horde army. I do not remember his name. He proceeded to accuse me of murder, and attempted to execute me on the spot. He might have been successful, if not for Nystia, Xhea, and Urukha coming to my aid, as well as a Pandaren stranger. I walked away with no more than a half-mended axe wound to my left shoulder, though Nystia was less fortunate. She had nearly died in an attempt to knock down my assailant; he retaliated swiftly and nearly cut her in two. Luckily, she survived just barely, and Urukha tended to her wounds. The orc is dead, I believe... he was no Sergeant. His actions were dishonorable and unjust - a real Sergeant would have brought me to his superiors. Urukha has told me that I must take care and give careful thought to who I trust.

I have never been able to mend myself or others fully with An'she's light, so I retreated to my hut for two days to tend to my wound. I grew restless, and called out to Nystia over the talisman, in hopes we could meet and talk over a drink in Orgrimmar. She was unable to do so, but allowed me to visit her at her home in Northrend, in the Grizzly Hills. We spoke of things we did in the time I was gone, and she gave to me a salve made of Zangarmarsh mushrooms that numbed the pain in my shoulder. She also allowed me to spend the night... I pray I did not intrude upon her and her mate. She claims that I owe her no debt, but I will forever remember her actions that saved my life.

At last night's meeting, I reintroduced myself to my family, and saw many new faces. Scynthe and Vivvienne introduced a new child to the tribe, born just a few days ago. I have, for a long time, found great joy in children... this world is full of much hardship and strife, and to see a child in all of its innocence warms my heart. It is my hope that soon I will find a mate, and begin a family... but I do not know when this will be. I asked them if I might hold their child, who is not named at this time. They allowed this, and Vivvienne placed the infant into my hands. As the tiny child rested on my fingers, I was able to truly appreciate this new life, and as such how fragile and delicate a life can be. I asked Scynthe and Vivvienne if I might be allowed to leave the child with the blessings of the Earth Mother and An'she; they granted me their permissions. I did so, and gave him a formal greeting before giving him back to his mother. It is a beautiful child, and I hope his life will be filled with good things.

Afterwards, I spoke with Urukha, telling her of my travels while she told me of things that happened in my absence. She asked me to check upon Nemeiah... which I had done earlier in the day, coincidentally. We spoke of the orc, and she offered her healing abilities to the tribe should they be needed. She also mentioned searching for the reason why speaking to the Light hurts her so, and finding a way to prevent it. I pray she is successful, and that this will not cause her any more needless harm. Despite this, Annjia and Urukha still do not speak to one another... it is not my place, but I wish they would talk and find a solution to whatever problem there is. I have not forgotten the incident from those months ago.

As the night came to an end, I was presented with one more familiar face... but I will write on this another time. There are things I must do now.