Sunday, December 30

Cats

On the night of the solstice, my family was joined by an outsider, a Pandaren calling herself "Twychy." She was a friend of Siuliaruin, and wished to know more about us, as Siuliaruin speaks much of us in the times she is away.

She seems to have enjoyed our company. Yesterday, I had received five packages, wrapped neatly in Winter Veil parchment. When I opened them, the torn parchment revealed cages, each containing one of four cats, and a very strange creature made of mushrooms. I am surprised, and now overwhelmed. I have not cared for a companion animal before in my life, and recently I have come into the possession of a strange rabbit creature, a strange mushroom creature, four cats, and a silkworm. For now, the cats rest within their cages in my hut. I am afraid to turn them loose, for they may fall from my hut high upon the wall, or perhaps wander into the raptor stables Zau'tal and his family care for, and become a meal for the tribe's raptors. I do not know what a cat should eat, but from what I remember of tracking lessons from my father long ago, the lions of the Barrens hunt giraffe, zhevra, and kodo. They have happily eaten scraps of kodo meat for now, but I must learn what else they should eat to stay in good health.

I believe I should seek out others who may desire a companion animal. I would feel much more at ease if I know that these animals are in more capable hands than mine.