Monday, May 14

Sunwalkers and Paladins

Last night I encountered an undead woman I had not seen in a few moons. Her name is Nemeiah. I had first met her when she was being harassed and threatened by a typical goblin: loud-mouthed and self-centered. I managed to scare the problem off, and I remember we had talked for a short time afterward... but I do not remember what about. I am not upset by this, for Nemeiah did not remember who I was when I saw her last night.

I believe she is a part of what is called the Argent Crusade... she explained that they are a group of people which are accepting of all races, and they have been working to cleanse the Plaguelands, which I understand sit on the northern end of the Eastern Kingdoms. Nemeiah mentioned that she, and others in the Crusade, follow teachings of what is called "the Light." I had heard others mention "the Light" before, and had always assumed that they spoke of An'she. Curious, I asked about this... Nemeiah replied that An'she and "the Light" are not the same, even though those that follow the teachings of "the Light" and Shu'halo who look to An'she are granted similar abilities.

She mentioned that those who are not Shu'halo and fight with my abilites are called "Paladins." Nystia had said that word to me the day before when I explained to her what a Sunwalker was... she said that they wore platemail armor into combat, had abilities like mine, and were rude. Nemeiah confirmed this... however, she said that paladins were beings of virtue, and acted in similar ways that I do. I am confused.

After our conversation, I am left wondering about "the Light." Perhaps I will go to Tyr's Hand one day and find this out... I hope it will not go against what I have been taught, or anger my ancestors or the Earth Mother.