Monday, May 28

Whispers and Visions

I wrote earlier of an expedition unto Ulduar to find a relic, and that I had seen disturbing visions during this.

They have not stopped.

The memories have become more vivid and brutal with the passing of time. I am worried. In the beginning I had merely been caught off guard and shocked at what I had seen. I am able to remind myself that what I am seeing is false and that I must focus on what is before me, though recently this is becoming more difficult and tiring.

However, I have been burdened with more. Two nights ago, the Burning Tusks went to an abandoned tower, Karazhan, to search for the other half of this relic: a pendant. The expedition was trying and many were again subject to horrifying things as we explored the tower. We found the pendant in the possession of a demon... he was no match for the combined strength of the Burning Tusks. When Ferak attempted to retrieve the pendant, he was knocked back by an unseen force. I was asked to take the pendant, and as I reached for it, it came to me, fixing itself to my chest with the speed and force of lightning and thunder.

Since I have had the pendant in my possession, my dreams and the memories have become worse. I have been seeing apparitions of my mother... though, it is not her. I am able to see the silhouette of a val'kyr around her. She whispers into my ear, and speaks ill of me, of my family, and attempts to push me into harming those around me. She has even appeared in my dreams and the false memories. I grow weary, and fearful. I am unsure how much longer I can bear this burden, but I must not falter. Earth Mother, ancestors, please grant me the strength to fight this curse, this illness... I must be sure no harm comes to anyone.