Wednesday, May 16

To Hearthglen

Yesterday I encountered Nemeiah again in Orgrimmar... she had come to the city to retrieve a package she sent for. Our discussion three days ago was still on my mind, so I asked her if I could know where Tyr's Hand was, to travel there on my own and perhaps find some answers to my questions. To my surprise, she offered to bring me to a place called Hearthglen, a place the Argent Crusade call their home, telling me that if I wished to learn about "the Light," it was a better place to do so than Tyr's Hand.

After retrieving her package, we boarded a zeppelin to Tirisfal Glades, what I understand is now the home of the undead that call themselves Forsaken... a heavy air hung over the land, one that filled me with sorrow. This would change, thankfully, as we moved towards the Plaguelands. As we approached the healing land, the air became lighter, and An'she cast his light upon us effortlessly. The rest of our walk was pleasant.

When we arrived in Hearthglen, I saw a number of interesting things. Most importantly, we came upon a statue of the Highlord of the Argent Crusade, and learned that he holds a weapon that could kill the undead just by being close... this included Nemeiah. I was alarmed, for I heard that she was able to commune with this "Light," yet it could still harm her. I asked her what "the Light" was, why it would do this to her, and it is then that she suggested that we sit and talk about it.

We entered what she called the "town hall," and there she explained to me that "the Light" is everywhere. Anyone may open themselves up to it or turn it away by following or defying three virtues: Respect, Tenacity, and Compassion. I became conflicted, and wondered again if the things I have been taught were false. Nemeiah told me then that I should not forsake tradition, and she suggested that the Earth Mother and "the Light" are "seperate, but unified."

I realized that doing what I can to aid the Earth Mother has also made others around me happy. I shall continue to do what I have been doing, for it is right... even this "Light" believes so.