Friday, January 11

Aging

Last night I spoke with Mukwa... it had been a while since I saw him last. He said he had been spending much time sleeping lately, and did not know that I had left the tribe to travel for a time. He has not learned anything new of his past, though his mind is creating new memories. He has traveled to Pandaria, and like many others, has told me it is beautiful. He also warned me of the many dangers found there, besides the sha. He says I must see the Jade Forest and Vale of Eternal Blossoms if I am to travel there.

Mukwa does not know his age as I do mine, but it is clear that the years he has seen have not been kind to him, even though he cannot remember them. He once was a part of the tribe's strike force, and helped to protect our tribe, fiercely. As with my other Brothers and Sisters who were part of the strike force, a fire burned deep within him, and even when his mind was shattered he put his entire being into protecting those he loved. But, his age has begun to weigh on him. He cannot fight for us as he had before, and told me he believes it is time he lived a more peaceful life.

Mukwa still fears his past. He feels that there may be too much hardship for him to bear, and that his health and scars are proof of this. I pray this not to be true. I told him that surely there are happy memories to be found. I suggested that perhaps his mate and daughter were one of these memories, but he feels this is not so. He had told me, however, that he would gladly tell me stories from his past, should he remember them. I look forward to this.