Saturday, January 12

This Is Love?

I believe I have fallen in love with Maengun.

Last night, the tribe hosted the Burning Tavern, as it does every Friday night. Shortly after my arrival, Maengun arrived as well. I was happy to see her there, and trying to learn more about the tribe in spite of her being shy. However, she quickly became drunk... I do not think she drinks alcohol often. She said she spoke with Ura, and became her friend. I was happy to hear this.

Then suddenly, Maengun fell into me, and then fell asleep. I laid on the floor with her on top of me. I could not move her, and she would not wake up. I was not uncomfortable... I think. I did not know what to think, as she had never done such a thing before. But I did not feel discomfort or pain as she lay upon me... I felt the opposite. It was good.

She would eventually move off of me in her sleep, and so I carried her to the Ravine, as I had done with Urukha before when she had had too much alcohol and fell asleep. I looked to her, and recalled the troubling stories she told me of her life. She slept in my arms, happily, and at peace. She was not tense, or burdened with the guilt she bore while searching for her father. I felt happy to see this, happier than I can recall ever feeling in my life.

Though I did not realize this until later, I am certain of the moment that I had fallen in love. As I looked at her, she stirred in my arms, and opened her eyes. She looked up to me, confused at first... I thought I might have done something wrong. But, Maengun simply fell back into her slumber, and rest her head against my arm... and smiled.

I am not certain if her actions are her own, or if it was brought upon by the alcohol. But more than ever, I wish to be there for Maengun. I would lay my life down for her without question. I want her to be safe, and happy. It is my wish to see her lips again carry the smile she wore in my arms last night. The smile forever burned into my memory.