Tuesday, January 15

For Her

Last night I had found Annjia. I had not seen her recently, so we spoke of what I had done since we had last talked.

Again, my mind had wandered to Maengun. I asked Annjia if she was able to still feel love in her current state; I have heard that many unliving creatures lose the ability to feel emotion. To my surprise, she told me that she could, and I asked if she might help me in finding clarity. After mistaking my request as asking if she would be my mate, she had told me as the General had said: I must not question how I feel. She also said that I must show Maengun that I appreciate her. I recalled my father... he would sometimes bring a flower, or a flawless hide to my mother after a hunt. Annjia said that this was how he showed appreciation for my mother, and in turn gave to me a bundle of sweet-smelling red flowers, to give to Maengun.

Later in the evening, I sensed her presence through the tribal talisman, and asked if she might meet me on the bridge over Stonebull Lake. She agreed. I went to her, my flowers in hand. I gave them to her, and she looked at me, surprised. She asked why I had done this... and I was sure of it now. I told her that I was in love with her.

She ran away.

I would find her later, in the Commons hut. I felt weak... my heart raced, and I could not stand. I thought she would run again... but she apologized to me for running, earlier. We talked for some time... of how we felt for each other. Of her father. Of what makes her happy. She said she did feel comfortable around me, but she preferred to be alone. I had not noticed before how beautiful she was... I told her this, and she said the same of me, in turn. Then, she asked if she might be allowed to spend the night in my hut... she said she wished to sleep in a more comfortable place. She is gone this morning, but I will welcome her into my hut any time she wishes to come.

Though she had said she prefers to stay alone, and I will respect her wishes, it does not change how I feel for her. I am in love with Maengun, and I will do anything for her.