Monday, January 14

What Am I Feeling?

Everywhere I look, I am reminded of Maengun. Her smiling face sits at the front of my mind, and the quietest mention of love causes my heart to pound. It is as if the world knows that I am in love, and wishes to heckle me at any opportunity.

On Saturday night, Urukha and Pipiltin were lifemated again, to renew their vows. The General performed the ritual, and gave a speech beforehand. He said that love must be held onto, and that one must spend each day with their love as if it were their last. Again, my thoughts went to Maengun. I had not seen her since I laid her to sleep two nights ago. I wondered if she was well. I feared, briefly, that something might happen to her, and that I would not know.

I spoke with the General the next day, in Orgrimmar. I told him that I thought I loved Maengun, but I did not know if it was true. He asked me what I felt, as I thought of her... I had felt too much, more than I could say in either tongue I could speak. I told him what had happened, on the night of the tavern. He told me that love is complex, but yet it is simple. I must simply feel it, and not dwell upon it. If I look upon another and feel happiness, then perhaps it means I am in love.

When I look upon Maengun... I feel

The entry cuts out with a large ink blob after the last word.