Monday, April 16

Home

Doso hosted a tour of our home last night, the Burning Ravine, or "Piki'alo Hetawa" in my native tongue. I had known that the land was reclaimed from the quilboar; the large thorn vines are still rooted in the hills. I did not know, however, just how much effort had gone into shaping the ravine into what it is today. Members of the tribe, past and present, have all given their share of hard work to make this their home. I feel guilty asking to live there; I was not a part of building the ravine. I wonder what I can do in turn for the tribe allowing me to live in their home...

It is an honorable thing to do, but keeping the presence of a quilboar spirit in the tribe's home does not sit well with me. I hope that this does not come up again, as I despise the quilboar and do not want anything to do with them.