Thursday, April 5

Mukwa Elkhoof

I first met Mukwa at a jousting tournament in Northrend. I was an outsider to the tribe at the time, invited to attend as a gesture of kindness, and to meet the members of the Burning Tusk's family. Theran was still alive, and my mentor, so I had asked him to come with me, and I had also met Pipiltin, Urukha, Doso, Valtirus, and Mahalaka at this gathering.

I could immediately tell that there was something wrong with Mukwa; he has clearly aged, and one would think that an elder Shu'halo would be a source of great wisdom. Mukwa, however, was opposite. He was childish, and simple. That is not to say that I dislike Mukwa or think I am above him... I was just surprised. He is a kind Shu'halo, very loyal to the tribe, and a good friend. Despite his simple nature, he shows talent in druidism and potion brewing. In fact, it was explained to me once that the cause of Mukwa's simple mind was his druidism; he apparently favors the form of a bear, and staying in this form for much too long ate away at his mind. I was not aware that this could happen... but it seems that the abuse of any power has consequences. This even holds true to me, even, as An'she has burned me on occasion for trying to channel his power selfishly.

Last night, Mukwa was excited about creating a "smart potion," after admitting he was ashamed of his poor memory and confusion at something Blanche had said to him. I had offered to help Mukwa by testing his creations a while ago, so we met shortly after by the tree in Orgrimmar. His potion was a success... as the drink's effects set in, it felt as if a veil around the world was lifted. I saw and considered many things that I had simply accepted, and I heard myself using orcish words I had never heard before. It was strange and felt unnatural, however. This feeling came to pass quickly, and the effects wore off within the half-hour.

Mukwa was quite pleased with these results, and seemed intent on finding a way to make them permanent. I am worried for him, as I am aware how fickle alchemy can be. I have been told before that one small change can drastically effect what the potion does to its drinker. I pray that he does not damage his mind further, and that his actions will not anger the Earth Mother.