Friday, April 6

Spirits

After attending our weekly tribal meeting last night, I had found myself wandering around our home in the Burning Ravine... I need to send a letter to Doso, asking for a tour and a hut I might call my own. I have been reluctant thus far, as I have never lived in one place for long. I have always traveled, since my birth along the river, and up until now. Lately I have found myself with little to do... perhaps this is why I am considering a permanent home?

I had been guided by spirits of my ancestors for a long time. Since I was a calf, my dreams and meditation have resulted in messages left to me by the spirit realm, hints at what I must do to better myself, aid those in need, or both. They had shown me the path of the Sunwalker, and guided my travels throughout Kalimdor, the Outland, and Northrend. They gave no clear objection to my choice in seeking out the Burning Tusks. Of course they did not approve of the choices in lifestyle a number of the tribespeople had made, but they did not send any signs saying that I was doing something wrong.

However, my spiritual link is coming undone, or I have been abandoned. I do not know which is the case. I was led to Northrend in order to aid taunka refugees still suffering from the war brought on by this "Lich King" years ago. In the midst of this work, the spirits stopped appearing to me. Meditation is relaxing, but I see nothing. My dreams reflect what I had been doing rather than what I should be doing. I finished the work I set out to do, bid the tribe I had been working with farewell, and set out to return to the only home I knew, with the Burning Tusks.

I feel lost. I consulted with Pipiltin, as she is a shaman and constantly in tune with the spirit world. She supposed that I had angered the spirits, or that I am being tested. I have angered my ancestors before, and it was made clear to me that I had when this happened. They did not disappear. She said it is also possible that the spirits are watching me silently to ensure I am capable of making correct choices on my own.

I am nervous. Ancestors, if you are watching, please guide me. Give me some kind of sign that I have not strayed from my path.