Wednesday, April 11

Pipiltin Sharptusk

Pipiltin is my mentor within the tribe, a very passionate troll shaman. She is very impulsive and not afraid to speak her mind... at least, what is left of it. The night I had been invited to join the tribe as an initiate, she had explained to me that half of her brain had been removed, and she had lost the ability to read, write, and speak correctly. I had noticed this when we first met at the jousting tournament; as with Mukwa, I noticed there was something amiss about the way she spoke and acted. She and Mukwa are examples as to why I take great care with judging those around me. Dismissing someone based on a first impression proved to be a foolish choice on many occasions, a choice I am glad to not have taken.

As she acts mainly on impulse, she can be unpredictable at times, and it can be frightening. I had once arrived to a meeting between the two of us much later than we had agreed upon, and was knocked around, even shot in the shoulder as a lesson. I feared for my life, as I had never seen her enraged before. I had learned that day three important life lessons about fear.

  1. Keep on guard, and expect the unexpected.
  2. Hold oneself with pride in combat regardless of how you feel; it affects how well one can defend themselves.
  3. Never cross Pipiltin.

On the other hand, her unpredictable nature can be harmless, and just confusing. Yesterday I had approached Pipiltin and Urukha by the tree in Orgrimmar, wearing the robes I had found in a Noblegarden egg. While Urukha simply stated that she approved of my clothing, Pipiltin became excited, yelled that I was "so cute," and jumped into my lap as I was seated to give me a hug. I was caught by surprise, but I welcome it and returned the embrace. It is a reminder that I am accepted as family by her and the tribe, the very reason I had approached the Burning Tusks.

Pipiltin is also the tribe's chef, and her cooking abilities are unmatched. We share a love for apples, and she has made various meals and treats from the fruit, not counting what was prepared for the apple festival last month. That is all I can say on this subject for now... I do not wish to hunger myself. My mouth waters already...