Friday, August 17

Failed

Theran is dead now, by my hand.

He came upon me and Nemeiah in Orgrimmar, and proceeded to attack her. He was acting much like he had when I saw him last in Thunder Bluff. I tried, but failed to guard Nemeiah from harm... Theran punched her hard in the face, and then broke her leg. I became enraged. Nemeiah had done nothing to him, or me, to deserve this, so I swung my hammer at him, and knocked him into the pond.

A friend of Nemeiah's came to her aid, and suggested I find a druid, or shaman to tend to Nemeiah's injuries - An'she's light and the Holy Light would mend her wounds, but also cause her great pain. Fortunately, Etamalgren was nearby. While he tended to Nemeiah, Theran crawled from the pond, dazed. Smoke poured from the door on his back. I approached him, still angry. I wanted him to pay for what he had done... but... I did not expect him to ask me to end his life. He regained his senses again, for the moment, and said that he felt his time had come.

I have brought his body to the tribe's graveyard, and asked Kazak'guul to lay him to rest. Nemeiah has said she will pray for him, for the Light to soothe his spirit. I pray as well, that the Earth Mother will have mercy on him, and that he returns to her.

I do not know how I feel, now. I am upset, for I am responsible for the death of one I had called brother, one who has helped me to become who I am today. But, I am still angry, at him for his actions, and myself, for my inaction. I failed to protect my friend from harm... she could have been killed and I would not have been able to save her.