Monday, August 6

Listening to the Wind

The tribe's first lesson in spirit walking was last night. Pipiltin led us through the lesson, and joining me in learning was Urukha, Zeyda'lei, Kazak'guul, and Maugus, an undead human warlock that has recently returned to the tribe after becoming wayward for some time.

We began by telling each other about what we do, or where we look for our power. I, of course, look to An'she and earn my abilities from his light, and from the spirits of my ancestors. Of the others, I learned that Pipiltin speaks with the spirits of the land in Winterspring. Urukha looks to her ancestors as well, and wishes to be bound to the spirit of the wolf. Zeyda'lei feels that she draws the power of light from within her heart, and Kazak'guul earns his abilities from his Loa, "the Bwon." I am disturbed, however, by Maugus's powers... he says power through fel is granted through pacts with demons, and by harvesting the spirits of the dead. The others seemed as shocked as I was at this, and Kazak'guul was clearly angered at this.

Pipiltin continued with the lesson after this. We were to be seated, and to relax however we felt most comfortable. I removed my helmet and gauntlets, to feel the grass and earth below me, and the wind around me. I closed my eyes, and breathed calmly, and to my surprise... I heard the wind laugh and speak to me. I do not know what I have done differently this time, but I am much more at ease now. Pipiltin offered to show me other places in the world where I may find it easier to commune with the elements, and I plan to travel to these places to meditate.

I think, maybe, that I was blessed with good fortune by the Holy Light. Prior to this lesson, I traveled to the Eastern Plaguelands in hopes of aiding the Argent Crusade in its cleansing of the land. I went to Tyr's Hand after this to visit Nemeiah, and found her with Annjia in the library. We spoke with each other briefly, and when I said I would be leaving, Nemeiah lent to me a string of beads that aided her in her prayers, as a token of good fortune. I held onto these beads during the lesson. Afterward, I wrote a letter to Nemeiah thanking her for allowing me to carry these, and asked her to tell me when she would be travelling to Kalimdor next so I may return them to her.