Thursday, August 2

Lughnasadh

Last night, the tribe celebrated Lughnasadh. I am unsure what this means... perhaps I shall ask Siuliaruin next time I see her.

What I am aware of is that it is a day of bonding. I had arrived late to the celebration, and saw the end of a bonding ritual between Zeyda'lei and Zau'tal. If I am understanding this correctly, they are not lifemated, but it is a similar ritual, to last until Lughnasadh next year. I am happy for them, and especially Zeyda'lei. She had told me of things troubling her once before and found she had travelled a rocky path in life, and to see her happy and finding family in the tribe makes me feel happy.

We began to share things we had created. A troll named Etsuni had joined us in our celebration, but I did not notice her until after Siuliaruin finished the ritual. I am aware she wishes to become part of the tribe. She showed us her talents as a scribe, bestowing us with hardened skin from a glyph she had recently learned how to create. Siuliaruin had a potion that affects the mind much like the one Mukwa had created for himself. Zau'tal showed us two weapons he created - an arrowhead that creates noise in flight to disrupt those who fight with the power of the earth, arcane, or demons, and a type of weapon I have not seen before, capable of returning to its owner after being thrown. I did not have anything to show... instead, I recited the song about apples I created from Truth or Dare with Pipiltin. I felt a little foolish, but Vivvienne, Etsuni, and Siuliaruin believed it to be a good song.

Amidst this, a few death knights had descended upon us and began to bother us. I planted myself firm and prepared to fight if needed, but it seems they only wished to disrupt our ceremony, and not cause actual harm. When it was clear to them that they were not welcome, they left us alone. I was relieved, for I am unsure if we would have been victorious in battle against them. Still, I would not have hesitated to lay my life down to protect my family and the one wishing to join us. If that was to be the end of my life... then I would have fallen knowing that I had done so selflessly and with honor, and that my spirit would return to live with the Earth Mother, and my ancestors.