Saturday, August 4

War

The tribe is at war, now, with the spirit of a mother worm. I have heard that the illnesses that befell some of my family, and were only recently cured, come from this spirit. It has been held at bay for now, but Urukha feels that this is not enough. We must lay this spirit to eternal rest, or else we may suffer further. Pipiltin will be training me, and others, as Spirit Walkers, to defend the tribe from dangers from the spirit realm.

I am worried. When I was only a calf, I attempted to learn the ways of the spirit world. I wished to be a shaman, like my mother, but as hard as I listened, I could not hear the spirits of the earth. Pipiltin assures me she will be able to teach me what I need to know to become a Spirit Walker, and I pray that our efforts will not be in vain. She has told me to do things to please An'she and the Earth Mother.